- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 large english cucumbers
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs tahini sauce or sesame seed paste
- 1 tbs chinese vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs chinese chili oil (or 1⁄2 tbs chili oil and 1⁄2 tbs peppercorn oil if available)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp minced or grated ginger
Chicken and (optionally) cucumbers should be prepared at least 2-3 hours ahead of time.
- Trim and steam or boil chicken (about 12 minutes)
- Put in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours
If you have time you can prepare the cucumbers as follows, else you can just cut them up and serve them.
- Peel and remove seeds from the cucumber, slice thin, sprinkle salt on them and let sit for an hour to remove fluid
- After at least 1 hour, rinse in water and squeeze liquid out. Set aside.
- Stir sesame seed paste until smooth
- In a separate bow, mix all remaining ingredients stir until even
- Add liquid to sesame seed paste a little bit at a time, stirring in between to ensure that the sauce is smooth
- Squeeze out as much liquid as you can of the cucumber slices; arrange them into an outer ring on a plate
- Slice chilled chicken and arrange it inside the ring (see picture)
- Pour sauce onto chicken, serve extra sauce on side
Note: for leftovers, do not store sauce in fridge—it will harden.