Great Food, Fast and Easy
Egg and ground beef fried rice - perfect for leftover rice!
- 1/4 cup peanut oil or lard
- 3 cups brown rice (precooked)
- 1 package frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 lb grass-fed hamburger
- 3/4 cup scallions
- 6 eggs
- soy sauce, black pepper to taste.
- Crack eggs into bowl and stir vigorously.
- Heat oil/lard in wok until smoking.
- Add 1/4 cup scallions (1/3 of total) to oil and stir briskly.
- Add eggs and stir until cooked (about 1 minute).
- Remove egg mixture and set aside.
- Cook hamburger with remaining scallions until brown.
- Add rice and eggs. Season with soy sauce and black pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking and stirring until heated through and slightly browned.
- Add peas and carrots and continue cooking until they are thawed and heated through (do not overcook!)
- Serve immediately.