Note: this recipe does not come from Victor but from the Ebeling family.
Also note that this recipe should be made at least a week before serving so that the nog has time to mellow.
- 12 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart (or 1 liter) heavy cream
- 1 quart (or 1 liter) whole milk
- 1 quart (or 1 liter) boubon whiskey
- 1 cup rum
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Separate eggs into whites and yolks
- Beat whites until “stiff” (frothy and getting firm), then mix in 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Separately, mix yolks with 1 cup sugar and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt until smooth and mixed
- Combine egg mixtures and stir until thoroughly blended
- Beat heavy cream until stiff and add to egg mixture
- Add milk and bourbon and beat / mix well
- Add rum
Pour into a gallon jug (or 2) and refrigerate.
Wait for at least a week and enjoy!
Shake or stir thoroughly before serving. Sprinkle with nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
The nog will last ages in the fridge and gets better with age.