Great Food, Fast and Easy
Steamed Fish in Ginger Sauce
A delicate steamed fish recipe that brings out the flavor of a high-quality fish
- 1-1.5 lb of fresh Chilean sea bass
- A medium piece of ginger
- A few scallions
- 1 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 tbs Sesame oil
- Dry the fish (w/ paper towel), place on a plate, sprinkle white pepper to taste.
- Place strips of ginger and scallion on fish.
- Steam for 12-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).
- When done, take it out of the steamer and add soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix in with fish juice and serve.
- Chilean sea bass is a moderately protected species so you might consider substituting a different fish.
- The only place to get fresh chilean sea bass near Boston is Fresh Pond Seafood on route 16.